The 2016 Convention of the National Federation of the Blind of Virginia will be held Friday, November 11 through Sunday, November 13, 2016 at the
- Wyndham Virginia Beach Oceanfront
- 5700 Atlantic Avenue
- Virginia Beach, Virginia 23451
- Call for Reservations: (800) 365-3032
- Click here to make hotel reservations online
Use the above phone number or link to make your hotel reservations. Special room rates have been negotiated for registered convention attendees. When you call the hotel, make sure to tell them that you are attending the convention so that you will receive the special convention rate. The deadline to make hotel reservations is Tuesday, October 18, 2016. After the deadline, there is no guarantee that you will get a room at the convention hotel.
Child care is available to the children of registered convention attendees (ages infant through 5th grade) during 6 sessions of convention. These sessions are:
- Session 1 Friday morning 8:45 am to 12:15 pm
- Session 2 Friday afternoon 12:15 pm to 5:15 pm
- Session 3 Friday evening 6:00 pm to 10:00 pm
- Session 4 Saturday morning 8:45 am to 12:15 pm
- Session 5 Saturday afternoon 12:15 pm to 5:15 pm
- Session 6 Saturday evening 6:45 pm to ½ hour after banquet adjournment
Snacks will be provided during Sessions 1, 2, 4 and 5. Even though child care will be open and fully staffed during lunch on Friday and Saturday, lunch will not be provided. Parents should either pick their child up for lunch at the end of Sessions 1 and 4 or provide a lunch for their child to eat in the child care room. Also, dinner will not be provided on Friday or Saturday evening. Parents should feed their child dinner prior to bringing them to Sessions 3 or 6. The cost of child care is $5 per family per session. If you need more information, please contact Mary Durbin at (757) 472-2495 or email@example.com. Please indicate the number of children per session on the Convention Pre Registration Form.
On Saturday, box lunches will be available for a cost of $13.50 if purchased in advance on the convention pre registration form. Box lunches can only be guaranteed for those purchased on the convention pre registration form. A limited number may be available for purchase at the convention.
Note: Individuals participating in the Student Track / Virginia Association of Blind Students programming should plan to attend the Orientation & Mobility lunch outside the hotel and should not purchase the Saturday boxed lunch.
There are three ways to register for the convention:
- Click here to go to the Brown Paper Tickets web site to register online;
- Call Brown Paper Tickets toll free (800) 838-3006 to register by phone; or
- You may complete the attached Convention Pre Registration Form and mail it with payment included to:
- NFB of Virginia
- 3230 Grove Avenue
- Richmond, VA 23221
- Click Here to Download the 2016 Pre-Registration Form