The National Federation of the Blind of Virginia (NFBV) affiliate is one of the 52 affiliates in the National Federation of the Blind. There is an affiliate in every state, Washington D.C. and Puerto Rico. There are 15 chapters throughout the Commonwealth. In addition to chapters and affiliates, there are several divisions, which focus on specific areas of interest to blind persons. Some of our divisions are: Students Division, Parents Divisions, Merchants Divisions, Deaf Blind Division and Virginia Association to promote the use of Braille. There are many more divisions on the national level. Check the national web page for a more complete listing on the NFB’s national web site.
The NFB improves blind people’s lives through advocacy, education, research, technology and programs encouraging independence and self-confidence. It is the leading force in the blindness field today and the voice of the nation’s blind.
- 2016 State Convention — November 11 Through November 13, 2016
- 2016 National Convention — June 30 Through July 5, 2016
- 2016 Richmond Seminar — January 18 Through January 19, 2016
- 2016 Washington Seminar — January 25 Through January 28, 2016
- 2015 State Convention — October 29 through November 01, 2015